Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Hans Zimmer Takes Over "Blade Runner 2049" Scoring



Article: Have we reached peak Hans Zimmer? - Guardian

Movie Site: ‘Blade Runner 2049’ - Warner Bros.



Jóhann Jóhannsson (or as I call him, Jo Jo) ;-) is out as composer of "Blade Runner 2049." In is the ever-reliable Hans Zimmer. But, Zimmer isn't being well-received as a replacement by all! There is a #StopHansZimmer hashtag running around. The article above goes into it.

Otherwise, I thought that Villeneuve used Jóhannsson as his regular composer. Apart from that, I have low confidence in this sequel being worth that much. The first film is perfect, and ends perfectly. Zero reason for a sequel. But, if the money potential is there, Hollywood's going to do it anyway! :-P And, where the heck is Vangelis? I know he hasn't done film composing for a while, but I hope that they at least TRIED to get him for this thing. We'll see what Zimmer does, but I'm not pre-ordering the soundtrack. :-)

millerfilm is ON!  Facebook   Twitter   Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment