Monday, May 1, 2017

Raspberry Pi Initial Wiring



This details the initial wiring of my Raspberry Pi's GPIO Pins to my breadboard:

I started by using an Adafruit T-Cobbler. This board extends the pins of your GPIO to your breadboard. Once you have plugged the T-Cobbler into your breadboard, you need to establish power to the Bus Strips of your breadboard.

I have wired the 3V3 (3.3 Volt) pin to the corresponding Bus Strip's negative hole using an orange wire, the GND (Ground) pin to the corresponding Bus Strip's positive hole using a black wire, the 5.0V (5.0 Volt) pin to the corresponding Bus Strip's negative hole using a red wire, and the GND (Ground) pin to the corresponding Bus Strip's positive hole using a black wire.

Using these color wires follows electrical conventions. I used these 8-inch wires for now because that's all I had available! :-)

Reference:

GPIO Pin Reference: All about the Pi's GPIO pins. - Pinout

Boot Assistance: GPIO and Physical Computing on the Pi - RaspberryPi.org


millerfilm is ON!  Facebook   Twitter   Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment